Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Round and round the mulberry bush

I just found a really cool website this morning. Invasivore.org. A combination of eating locally, eating wild, and invasive species control. One of the species mentioned is mustard, a plant the children know all about from helping machete it down at the Grandsir's farm. Next time they are sent a-chopping we'll try some. Mulberries are not like mustard except for being an invasive species in the US. These last few days I'be been Driving past three mulberry trees dropping their fruit on the road. I tell you what, it has me eager to do a little urban-gleaning-invasivoring myself. Now, I just need to find a fruiting bush not next to a major urban artery and mulberries and cream will be on the next meal's menu. It will be a delicious biology lesson. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love to hear what you think! (disclaimer-anything discourteous will be removed)